Step 1: Print a list of your rooms
- Click on Departments on the FacilitiesLink home page.
- Scroll down to Report Gallery.
- Click on "Assignments by Contact"
- Look for your name, and click on the department(s) next to your name.
- Scroll down the page to the Space Inventories section.
- Click on Complete Listing on the right side of the page
- Your current departmental space inventory will be displayed
- If you have room names entered, you will see them displayed
- Download and print your list of rooms. Select “Download: .xlsx .csv .tab ” on the bottom right of the room list
Step 2: Verify your Space
- Review your list. If you have space in many buildings, review one building at a time.
- View or print floor plans with your department space highlighted.
- We recommend you conduct a visual audit of your space.
- Verify that the information properly reflects the assignment, predominant use, occupancy and station count as of the date of record.
- Note any rooms that should be removed from your space inventory. If your department no longer has a room, do not delete it; let us know it needs to be transferred to another department, or work with that department to transfer it
Step 3: Edit your Rooms in FacilitiesLink
These are the room data elements that you are able to edit:
- Room Use code
- Department Name
- Number of Stations (i.e., seats or work stations)
- Occupant (optional but recommended)
- Room Name (optional but recommended)
- Divide (optional)
- Loan From and Loan Notes (optional)
Please contact Space Management and Project Development if these changes are necessary. Please do not make these changes:
- Change in Area (sf)
- Add a room to a building
- Delete a room from a building
- Delete a room from your space inventory (If your department no longer has a room, do not delete it; let us know it needs to be transferred)
- Change a room number
- Change the Function, CPEC Code or NSF Survey code
Step 4: Inform Space Management and Project Development that your inventory update is complete
Email Teri Greenfield at email@example.com